Landscape Painting Problem (Easy)

Whenever I paint the landscape I get very stretchy textures on cliffs and raised areas. This isn’t a bug, I just can’t seem to find and documentation on this.

I’m using a very simple material. landscape coordinates —> textures ----> layer blend (everything is a weight blend)

Hopefully an easy fix? Thanks.

It sounds like your cliffs have stretched triangles. Try using the retopologize tool on the cliff sides to fix it. You can find more about the Retopologize tool here:

Hey thanks man, it worked. I have another question about textures if you don’t mind. Whenever I play my game on mobile, certain spots in my landscape get square like and don’t blend. I’m using 512p and only 5 texture samples. 95% of the landscape is fine except for these little patches. I can’t find a solution online, maybe you might know?

It looks like there are too many texture layers on the affected landscape components. Ensure there are only 4 texture layers painted on a component to see if this fixes the error in question.

I shifted down to 4 and still had problems, then I shifted down to 3 and now it appears to be fine. Do you think it’s because I am using 512s? My phone has Snapdragon 810 and 4gb of ram. It’s a beast!! Idk. It’s gonna be pretty interesting working with only 3 textures. Maybe if I sized down the landscape perhaps? Granted, I am using one customized UV expression to make up for the scaling of the textures (scale 5). I appreciate you help a ton. Thank you.

Unfortunately this is a limitation with landscapes on mobile devices. If you keep the number of active layers per component to 3, you shouldn’t see the same error again. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you experience this error again within the confines of the limitation, please post here and I’ll be happy to take another look.