Landscape Painting looks blocky

Hi there!

I’m having serious problems with texturing landscapes. Sculpting works like a charm - everything’s smooth and stuff. When trying to paint on it, though, everything just looks blocky.

So I created a new blank project and set up a minimal landscape material with only 2 colors plugged into the LayerBlend to rule out any MipMap issues. As you can see in picture 2, things aren’t as smooth as they should be. With actual textures from the starter content, you could still see the squares as clearly as shown below.

Engine scalability set to EPIC doesn’t help… When i build the game, it looks exactly the same, so I guess it’s not just an issue with the editor… I tried using combinations of weight, height and alpha blending (the settings from the pictures below are all weight blended) but without luck.

Am I missing something obvious here? Maybe some editor setting I changed in my first project that was replicated when creating the new project?

That is the resolution of your landscape. Sculpting looks ok because you only have small changes in height, but you have 0% and 100% paint levels. If you want smoother transitions use a larger brush, or a higher resolution landscape.

If the landscape resolution is the case, as so many users are trying to convince these people is the actual issue. Then please explain to me why i just had a landscape where the painting was smooth as butter, and then when I created a new Material for the exact same landscape this problem arose? I’m Really asking, It cant be landscape resolution, I literally used the exact same landscape with two difrent materials and one material was smooth and the other was pixelated…

Please Help

So True! i have been experiencing the same issue, sometimes i get a real smooth material on my landscape and recently have been struggling with this blocky issue.

Did you ever find a solution?