Landscape material blend problem

I’m trying to blend a number of textures together and whenever I have more than 3 on the same block it goes grey.
I have 3 of the textures blended with LB Weight and one with LB Alpha.
Anyone have any idea how to get around this?

As far as I know. When painting layers by hand. You need to wait for each layer to compile before painting the next.

this picture is after the shaders compiled.

Yes. But after you paint each layer, it starts to compile again. Before you start to paint the second, you must wait for the first to finish.

Yes, after that compile it remains grey.

All I can suggest is that you delete the landscape. Make a new one, apply the material and repaint the layers, one layer at a time. Stopping to let it compile after each.

I had this problem in the past and this is the only workaround I’ve found.

Interesting, I’ll try that right now. Do you know if using a material instance makes a difference?

I’ve not tried using a material instance myself. Although i recall hearing it didnt work to well with the landscape system in UDK. I know this is UE4, but its the same landscape system.

Its definitely worth giving it a try though. It’s something I wanted to try. Mainly for swapping out textures without creating a copy of the material.

No difference with the material instance. There is documentation on terrain blending but it doesn’t appear accurate(more likely I just can’t find my mistake). For now I guess I’m limited to not have more that 3 materials touch.

Thanks, for the link. That’s exactly what I was looking for.