Will Landscape get any love any time soon?
- Tools are all CPU based, and slow with larger brushes or landscape sizes
- The edit layer system gets slow at larger sizes or higher layer counts
- Blueprint Brushes seem to be only suited for smaller landscapes, and seem left behind in general
- The landscape material layer node blending system seem out of date, especially when compared to the newer material layer asset system. Naming and grouping parameters for layers is often a mess.
- Landscape is often just a hog in terms of rendering and memory performance.
In general, landscape just seems left behind. Its sluggish and just isn’t very pleasant to work with outside of materials.