Landscape layers with world composition error: Landscape actor is not loaded

It’s getting snagged on line 2655 in LandscapeEdMode.cpp. All landscapes are definitely loaded in the editor. I’ve tried making them current. Can’t figure how to fix this other than reverting and losing a bunch of work.

ALandscapeProxy* Proxy = CurrentToolTarget.LandscapeInfo->GetLandscapeProxy();

// Landscape Layer Editing not available without a loaded Landscape Actor
if (GetLandscape() == nullptr)
{
	if (!Proxy)
	{
        LocalReason = NSLOCTEXT("UnrealEd", "LandscapeNotFound", "No Landscape found.");
		return false;
	}

if (Proxy->HasLayersContent())
	{
		LocalReason = NSLOCTEXT("UnrealEd", "LandscapeActorNotLoaded", "Landscape actor is not loaded. It is needed to do layer editing.");
		return false;
	}

}
2 Likes

I’ve run into this also on 4.26.
I open the folder holding the world maps tiled Levels, imported through levels,
Open an individual level for editing,
go to landscape ‘mode’
and the editor returns
“Landscape Layer Editing not available without a loaded Landscape Actor”

In the World Outliner tab it is indicating the active actors in the level are
LandscapeGizmoActiveActor
LandscapeStreamingProxy

I haven’t found a workaround yet.
(disclaimer, I’m a relative newb to UE426 and was headed to Landscape Mode’s Paint function to investigate Material Layers for weight maps that aren’t masking as I expected them. I’m not sure that’s the best method)

I am having the same problem. I’ve imported my tiled landscapes but for some reason I can’t paint or sculpt on them. “Landscape actor is not loaded. It is needed to do layer editing.” is what I’m getting whilst in the landscape editor. (if the image isn’t showing up here’s the link Landscape Error - Album on Imgur)

Same here but just in ue 5, prob a beta thing and only on import of terrain.

bummer.
later

Load the level to which the material was applied.

I figured it out after a month of testing different things. it all has to do with the heightmaps, when I try to use one at 4033 resolution, added a material and reloaded it would always give me this but at any other resolution it would be fine. I got around this by putting the heightmap into photoshop and exporting it again as a resolution of 4030 instead. that way the map is only slightly smaller

1 Like