Landscape Layer Mask Import Problems

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a new way (for me) to create landscape by creating the landscape in GAEA, exporting different masks such as flow maps, height maps, slopes and others (exported in r16, png16 bits and raw 16 bits), and then use them as landscape mask layers in unreal and apply the textures i want depending on these maps.

My problem is that, for the moment, i get weird landscape texturing that is not accurate with the maps i just exported from gaea (see the pictures below).

Here is my landscape material :

and one of the textures material functions i i am using in it :

If you have any idea on what im doing wrong i would be very grateful ! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Raw and 16bit is probably all thats wrong with it.

Landacape layers only take regular PNGs.
Also usually only black/white overall.

Landscape heightmaps only take PNG16. Not raw.

Additionally.
The import requires you to set the correct Z scale for the heightmap to be taller than 100m overall.
GAEA should give you the right settings to use to match it, I would hope…

Also, the water body stuff could be overriding your heitmaps.

Thanks so muchhh i manage to correct the problem !! I had masks that were overlapping each others so i had to substract each one to the others to get only the layer with no overlaps over the others.

Here is a gaea graph to do it for the people interested. (pretty new to gaea there must be another way to do it but here it is it worked for me)

MultiCombine_LandscapeUE5Export.graphlet (289.3 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.