Landscape has overlapping render components warning and causing crashes

The basic problem I am having is that my editor will crash and throw a lot of warnings when I add a level (blueprint streaming) that has a copied landscape in it. I get the warning from the title repeated for every component in the Map Check message log, and also CrashReportUploader pops up as many times. How can I fix this?

More detail:
I have a very large landscape that I created as a template for a very large outdoor landmass. Whenever I wanted to create a level on that landmass, I would copy that template file, rename it, and delete all of the components that you can’t see from where that level would take place on the landmass. I’m guessing that is where the problem is arising now that I am combining all of the levels into one persistent level so I can script the game logic. Hopefully there is a solution that doesn’t involve having to create new landscapes. (I can copy the heightmap data using the landscape gizmo, but I would have to redo the painting, splines, and foliage I think)

I saw in some other threads that cutting and pasting the landscape worked to fix an overlapping collision components issues, but trying that just crashed my editor also. But after messing around some more, it looks like copying and pasting into a new sublevel works. When I stream in that new level to the persistent, along with the other copies, they don’t give that error. The downside is that I lose my foliage info.

So that might be the best work-around for now, but I’m still interested in knowing what exactly caused the issue and what the real fix would be! :slight_smile:

Bumping.
This problem still exists.

yes its still exists.
any help ? 2 weeks I cant find the right way

If you can make a template project and send it to them with a bug report it might get them do work on it.No guarantee though. I did the same with another problem and just got a canned response back that they could not reproduce it and then silence. They seem to be more interested in adding esoteric features these days than fixing bugs

In case anyone is still looking for a solution, no guarantee that this will work for your situation, but here’s how I fixed it. For some reason (whether it be moving landscapes on accident or an error happening) my landscapes were reset to (0,0) in the world compositor. Their locations in the editor were still correct, but it caused the Landscape ([ProxyName]) has overlapping render components at location ([X,Y]) error to pop up. The solution was to, in the editor, reset the landscape’s location, then in the World Composition, move the landscape to the correct location again.

TL;DR, reset landscape’s location in editor, then move it back to the right place in World Composition.

Hope this helps someone! Took me like a week to figure out!

Try to disable, Enable Edit Layers in Landscape details panel

I had the same problem. For working with landscape layers and WorldCompo at the same time you cannot create the WorldCompo sections by adding it at the axis(+X, -X, +Y, -Y) of the WorldCompo Window.

You have to:

1. Create the Landscape (Total Map area that you want) - Sizes Recomended
  2. Enable Edit Layers
  3. Pick the Landscape Selection Tool (choose the area of the total map that you want to divide)
  4. In World Compo create a New Level (there will be placed the divided section of the map)
  5. Use Landscape Move Tool with your new World Compo Level active(double click in name) then click with Move Tool in the section that you want to move.

It is tedious to do but it’s the only way that I find to fix this problem.

Working with 4.25 UE4

Everytime create one extra adjacent sub_Level ( i.e. +X,-X,+Y,or -Y) in world composition and just delete that extra one (if you want… delete that from your content browser as well…although it is not necessary) it will clear all error.
it worked for me , let me know if it fix your errors…