Landscape Creation and Water actors

Hey all

Just wondering (or maybe I have derped big time) has making a landscape become 10x more complicated now? I have made my heightmap, but how to make layers seems to elude me. Documentation has said its now a material based system but yet I am just having a little trouble adjusting. Is anybody able to give the lamens rundown of how to create layers on a terrain for texture painting? Have they made a video tute for this? Maybe I cant find it :stuck_out_tongue:

And for the second part of the post, could somebody please advise me how to add a fluid actor plane? I cant for the life of me find it.

Cheers

There is no fluid actor plane for the moment afaik.

Yeah landscapes are pretty complicated now, I based my landscape material off of the example terrain. Itā€™s not perfect, but supports multiple terrain layers. Basically you setup a material with multiple textures in it. When you assign that to your landscape, then youā€™ll see in the paint menu all the textures you included in the material.

Iā€™m still trying to figure out how to create valid Layer info Objects.

i have suggested they do a series of videos on this seeing as its wildly different from UDK

Does anyone know, How to add Water to the LandScape?
In UDK I used to add it by ā€œFluid Surface Actorā€ , but there is no such actor in UE4. I couldnā€™t find anything about fluids or water in UE4 available documentation or tutorials either.
I really would appreciate your help
Thanks

no fluid actor as of yetā€¦ possible future buildā€¦ there however is water volume and post processing volumeā€¦ so you could make the water and what under the water looks likeā€¦ you could possible make a custom shader in max or whatever(animated plain with a water texture, or flat plane with animated texture) this could surface until at least they put one in