Landscape chunks missing and re-loading in a weird way

Can anyone please tell me what exactly is happening in the video and how it can be fixed?

Surely, your game wont be in a desert?
If you sculpt the issue will likely go away.

That said. The issue is occlusion.

The tiles are occluding one another.
If you do have a desert/completely flat map, You need to raise the z offset value to make the tiles taller so they no longer occlude away.

Additionally. Some seem to just be outside the render distance, which is normal.

The final product should use replacement tiles (impostor meshes) when past 500m from camera. Without them being set up, you’ll almost always see a landscape fall into nothing.

1 Like

No I am not going for a flat landscape. I just made the terrain and noticed this, which was not happening in UE4. I don’t think the tiles are outside the render distance, because there are more even further which render fine. I will try some sculpting and get back.

Easier to raise the z offset values for testing purposes.
In ue4 a value of 10 used to work.

Landscape Z is 100.

Same thing happens after sculpting.

It may-be a bug on Ue5 then.
I’d suggest testing the same in Ue4 - and if it works there without issues, submit a report…
If it doesn’t, then I don’t know.
It works fine for my projects, but they are all past the design stage and all tiles have impostors…

I had the issue in a huge Open World map, where the tiles of world partition weren’t loaded correctly.
Try the following:

Build–> (World Partition) build HLODs

This may takes some time, but after that it may has fixed

1 Like

Solved with the 5.1 update. The problem was because of a bug in UE 5.0.