Lag when selecting tiles in large tilesets

Hi!
I’m noticing that when adding collision for tiles using “large” tileset files the engine lags out for several seconds on trying to select one tile. I have a pretty decent computer and ue4 doesn’t lag normally, maybe it’s just the performance of calculating where the tiles are that is not optimized? Was just wondering if it really was something on my end or if the optimization isn’t fully implemented for tilesets yet…

The tileset I’m currently working on has 16x16 tiles in a 448x272 image, disregarding empty tiles that’s 28x17 tiles! and I’ve already shrunken the file down… Maybe I should cut them up into even smaller and separate tilesheets?

Please share if you have a fix or workaround, and if it’s just with the tileset editor itself I’ll just have to workaround it until it gets worked on. I can imagine you guys at epic have a lot else to deal with than optimizing paper 2d tools:p

Thanks in advance:D

Separating into smaller and multiple tilesets works and fixes the lag. I guess there really isn’t that much drawback into having more tileset files if I organize them right. Still a bit weird that it should lag that much from what seems to be a reasonable amount of tiles.