KRL Project (From scratch)

LAST UPDATE --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone !

I finally have something cool to show you. After 3 months of hard work, I’m proud to show you my prototype :

FIRTS TRAILER !!!

It available for DOWNLOAD so TRY IT !!

Then if you liked it or not, please give me a feedback, it will help me to advance on the right path !

/!\ DOWNLOAD HERE /!\

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi every one, I’m a 3D artist, owner of a small company making serious game called AIKO Creative Vision. On my free time and for fun, I’m making a lot of littles projects to improve my skills. This time I want to share my creation with you !

Project KRL is going to be a small Metroidvania like, telling the story of a little astronaut stuck on mysterious planet.

I’ m here for multiple reasons, first I want to share and learn from you guys, second I want to know if I can support and understand all the aspect of a basic game creation, and then if I can start making future collaboration contacts (so basically I’m here to make mistakes !!).

Because I’m alone and not a professional concept artist, I needed a fast way to populate my univers. So making all the game in a level of grey is perfect. Yeah, It’s not a revolution but a nice shortcut…
And shortcut is love, shortcut is life !

Here, are my first visuals, give me feed back !

For now I need to order everything nicely on a document (gameplay, lore, level design, inspiration etc… ), and then I will start designing a nice and easy way to start ! (So scared of the blueprint part).

Stay tuned.

OK guys, I think I have something in mind I can start with. Its still going to be a metroidvania, I see it more like a vertical slice than a real game.
So I’m aiming :

• One area fully textured
  • One playable character that can Run/Jump/Dash/Attack (front,up,down)/Wallslide/WallJump
  • One flying enemy
  • One grounded enemy
  • (bonus) One boss

I’m the worth in 2D animation, so my main character and the npc will be fully animated in 3D !

I reDesign an old character I have been drawing since my kid was born, if you want I can post some of the older design !
Here is the new modelsheet.

Next step : 3D modeling ! For the rig I think I’m gonna use Biped, what do you think about it ?
By the way I’m going to diseapere a few weeks for holidays reason !

See you soon.

No time to explain !

3D model ready to rig

**Hi everyone !

I finally have something cool to show you. After 3 months of hard work, I’m proud to show you my prototype :

PROTOTYPE TRAILER :**

**It available for DOWNLOAD so TRY IT !!
Then if you liked it or not, please give me a feedback, it will help me to advance on the right path !

FIRST INGAME SCREENSHOTS :

/!\ DOWNLOAD IT HERE /!**

**I will come back later with more details.

See you soon.**

Wow, this is really cool looking! I love the layering and atmosphere. For your back grounds are you doing something like what is talked about here: Homeworld 2 – Backgrounds | Simon schreibt. ? Where its vertex painting geo to completely avoid artifacting, quantization, aliasing?

I really like the artstyle, gonna test it out once I get home and have some more time. But I’m already looking forward to see more of it. :slight_smile: