Kitatus - Free UE4 Gamedev Hub [Finally finished!]

Hello everyone!

Ryan Shah here!

After a long wait, a little project that I’ve been working on is finally done: KITATUS - The Free Unreal Engine 4 Game Development Hub that focusing on free Unreal Engine 4 tutorials and write-up, theories and video discussions about all aspects of game design (Level Design, What XX game does right / wrong .etc)

](http://www.kitatus.co.uk)

I developed this as a love-letter to the Unreal Engine 4 community as well as Epic. A giant thank-you for everything everyone has done. Team effort, Yeah!

The website is a little bare at the moment, but it will be constantly updated with new content, freebies and videos almost daily (At least weekly!)

Here’s a quick overview of KITATUS:

KITATUS - Free Gamedev Hub filled to the brim with Tutorials of all things Game Development (From game design to game production to everything Post-Game).

Yes, 100% free. We’re talking almost a full tutorial a day, the books will be there too as well as video guides. BUT THAT’S NOT ALL - We’re not only going to be teaching about doing cool things in Unreal Engine 4 and learning how to create specific games in Unreal Engine 4, but we’ll also be diving into fundamentals of video-game design and doing break-downs of established games, explaining what works and what doesn’t and what you can use in your own projects (With links to write-ups on the site on how to achieve it)

For example at GDC (This year?) Levine talked about Narrative legos in which we’d recap, explain why it’s good for your next game design, what it could be used for as well as a guide into implementing an example into an Unreal Engine 4 project.

We’d also go through things like level design, packaging your projects and getting them to Microsoft / Sony / Steam, Creating side-stories for your games, Character development, Why X game is awesome, How to develop a sequel to your project to be even bigger and better without going overboard .etc

Yes, it’s all free. 100% funded by myself and my beautiful girlfriend Scarlett, just for you guys 'n gals and everyone who wants to learn how to create their dream video-games and/or refine their skills for their next project.

I bet some of you are thinking: Why not use the Wiki? And here is my answer for you:
A lot of people who are using other engines don’t use the Wiki and other people are turned off by the idea of using a Wiki for information. It’s sad but it’s life - No matter how much Epic are putting their love into the Wiki ;)], A lot of information will still go unnoticed by a lot of people. I mean there’s so many tutorials on the Wiki at the moment that are just getting unread. The amount of times people have asked for help in the forums and the wiki has had the answer (Pretty much) on the homepage!

This site will store all the content I create for Unreal Engine 4 developers as well as people interested in developing video-games, subliminally nudging them that Unreal Engine 4 is the way to go. I’ve tried my hardest to make the website look as interactive as possible and “Bad-***” so people who don’t know that a lot of Unreal Engine 4 can still learn and still feel like all the information they need is at their fingertips.

Also, as I’ll also be covering all aspects of Game Design (As well as implementing it into Unreal Engine 4!) so I felt that being a separate entity to the wiki would help people who are looking for that specific thing.

2.jpg

But I don’t mind putting a lot (if not all) of the tutorials on the Wiki if so requested!

So yeah, enough rambling, this is what “So You Want To Make Video-Games?” was born to become. Every piece of the website will eventually be turned into a book, translated into as many languages as possible and shipped to schools and libraries ALL OVER THE WORLD. Again, totally free.

All of this is out of mine (And Scarlett’s Pocket!) so I really do hope you lovely people enjoy what’s to come!

1.jpg

So yeah, I hope you all enjoy KITATUS!

If you’ve got any questions, I’m more then happy to answer them!

Also Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, Feel free to move it!

The link to the site: CLICK ME

I thinked , each month you will need money for the hosting your website?
I think you should make free tutorials & paying project files for 1 or 2 ponies like much web site , its will help you and your project…

Thank you man good luck

To you and your girlfriend … tips hat … thank you for this, I am sure many will find use in the site. I hope your donations work out … 8-}

thank you for your hard work I hope the community will gratefulness.

Indeed, It costs us but it’s worth it for you all! And nah, I want to open up information for all, not behind a paywall :>

Thanks! :smiley:

Cheers :slight_smile:

Seriously thank-you everyone! :>

Awesome job. I have read both of your blueprint books and learn a lot from it.

Looking forward to sharing my own bits and pieces.

For now though, maybe the first thing you’d need is a database of the existing answers/threads… there’s just so many details I’ve searched for, whereas articles would come out much slower.

I really wish people would share project files on cg websites, it’s such a shame that these beautiful art pieces are lost. But I guess you have to lead by example if you want it to change… and I’m no 3d artist. I know programming though - trying to add C# support because it would change everything. And what if C# support was free?.. Open-source is the future I think.

your site is down

Site is looking much nicer now. Good work!!

I did notice a either a typo or a weird sentence on your Zelda Infinite Puzzle page where the first sentence reads: ‘This project allows is small, simple but effective.’ ‘allows’ being the odd word here…

Otherwise, great stuff. A real asset to all :slight_smile: