Keyboard documentation question

This community is wonderful and will answer most questions I have so I try to do what I can to answer my own questions before I start bugging other people. So its really frustrating when I accidentally fall into a situation that I need to look up in the documentation but somehow there doesn’t seem to be any?! Like today…

I’m new. Researching and testing World Partitions, HLODS, PCG and foliage culling. Lots of good documentation on MOST of it.
I’m testing things in play mode to test frame rates differences. I try to use the SHIFT + F1 combo to get my mouse pointer but I remember it wrong and hit CRTL + F1 instead…
WOO… that looks useful?! I try CRTL + F2 & F3 & F4… All look important to what I’m doing.

So I go looking for documentation for this… I hit the Unreal doc pages, I try typing “keyboard” into the search bar, I google and get hints to look at the editor preferences but find the key I hit without knowing what it does there is crazy.

Is there any documentation that doesn’t require you to know what your looking for before you look for it like what did those keys I pressed do?

Thanks!

1 Like

These are the runtime equivalent of the editor view modes

SHIFT 1, SHIFT 2, SHIFT 3 etc

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Err… Google :slight_smile:

or if you want something from Epic

https://www.unrealengine.com/fr/tech-blog/designer-s-guide-to-unreal-engine-keyboard-shortcuts

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Documentation is thin on the ground… :melting_face:

1 Like