Keep Rotation from Blender (quaternion rotation mode)

Hello guys,

lately i’ve been trieing to retarget an Animation from a Skeleton with root (but no root motion, so the bone is basically just there) to a Skeleton without a root bone.

The only thing i am really struggeling with is that the “Hips” Bone (the highest bone in my skeleton hierarchy) does have a displacement in UE4 (just in ue4).

It works perfectly fine in Blender and I figgured out, that the reason of this bug is the Rotation mode of the Hips bone. When I use the default “quaternion WXYZ” rotation mode for the Hips bone (in blender) it works out really good. When I change the rotation mode to XYZ (or any other mode) it looks exactly the same like in unreal.

So is there away to:

1. convert the modes in blender (so convert the WXYZ to XYZ without visual changes

or 2.use the WXYZ mode in ue4

Here is a video to show off my problem:

Hi,

Unreal is Z up and requires there to be a rootbone due to that is how it finds the location. If you are retargeting, then you may need to match up the poses of the character to the other character that you are reusing the skeleton of. I have also linked some documentation below.

-Thank you

Documentation: