Keep getting a crash on starting project in UE 5.4

I am completely lost as to how to fix this issue, does anyone have ideas?

So when I run my project, it builds correctly and then crashes at 95% of loading with the error below every time. I’ve tried the following and had no luck in removing this issue:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled
  • Deleted binaries, intermediate, saved, and DDC folders
  • Cleaned the solution
  • Regenerated the VS files
  • Restarted my PC
  • Opened a blank project in 5.4 and then tried to open my target project from inside the editor
  • Rolled back to previous (working) versions in gitlab

Error:
Assertion failed: UniformBufferStruct [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Materials\MaterialParameterCollection.h] [Line: 172]

A breakpoint instruction (__debugbreak() statement or a similar call) was executed in UnrealEditor-Win64-DebugGame.exe.

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFE6E3FD74E (UnrealEditor-RenderCore.dll) in UnrealEditor-Win64-DebugGame.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000018.

The program ‘[25028] UnrealEditor-Win64-DebugGame.exe’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

2 Likes

For anyone that stumbles along this, the issue was that we had UDS in the project and had set the “Allow Static Lighting” in project settings to false. Which meant the UDS instances that had the clouds set to “Static Clouds” caused the engine to crash when loaded

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It worked for me too!! :slight_smile: