KAKUDO - A maze like game [solo dev]

Hello everyone I take advantage of the new Unreal community portal to present a project I’ve been working on for several months.

He is called “KAKUDO”, In Japanese, it means “angle”. I think that sums up the game pretty well!

KAKUDO is a maze-like game. There is a storytelling and scoring aspect. The goal is not just to get to the exit, but also to beat the time and score objectives. In addition, the story beforehand is an “plus”.

As I said in the title, this is a solo project. For the moment, the game is still on Unreal Engine 4.27 but it will most likely be upgraded to UE5 soon.

One of my goals on this game is, besides making it fun and interesting, optimization. Indeed, some levels (which are not very big in terms of scale/size) contain more than 1800 actors. I also try not to have a game too heavy in terms of weight. For the moment, it contains more than 50 levels and about 20 musics and it weighs only 800mb once compiled.

If you want to be informed of the progress, don’t hesitate to tell me or to follow me on Twitter.

Also, if you have any advice don’t hesitate!

Thanks

PS: English is not my mother tongue, if there are mistakes, please excuse me.

Can you post a vid? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I haven’t taken the time to record any gameplay yet :slight_smile: However, I can make a video about the environment. I need to rework the character and animations. So, I’m waiting a bit for the gameplay :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll keep you posted!

1 Like

Hello! Sorry for the response almost a year later. Here’s the trailer of the game and the Steam page. A demo is avalaible!

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XyIHjwuLKU
Steam : Save 20% on KAKUDO on Steam

1 Like

It looks lovely, I wish you luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maze Games are making a come back! Excellent Work.

1 Like