Just need prompt to hide when interacting

Making a third person game, I have a simple pick up and drop system with a prompt that only shows when I overlap with the item but I can’t figure out how to make it disappear when I grab the item in the character’s hands, and reappear when I drop it.

The prompt widget is attached to the item Blueprint, not attached to the viewport stuff.

I’ve tried using the “is Holding?” boolean variable but without success. From what I have, I think the “IsHolding?” is not triggering to be true to hide the widget.

IsHolding? is my Boolean triggered when he picks up the item, I have confirmation that this Boolean is being called since the character is visually picking up the item, but what you are saying is that it should be true before he enters the overlapping box?

All I have working for now:

• The character is walking normally
  • If he enters the overlapping box, a prompt appears and he can now push a button to hold the item in his hands and push it again drop it (The prompt always stays over the item)
  • When he drops it and exit the overlapping box the prompt disappear.

You need create blueprint class Blueprint Interface. Click on right mouse button and select from menu. Then create interaction functions. Then add interaction function to your Character blueprint. I use this video:

I believe it can be useful, and more from this playlist. You can get basic knowledge. Really I think this tutorial can’t be used for creation real game project. But give some start points.