Jumping not working as intended. Doesn't work when falling. Gravity an issue

So, I’m attempting to implement jumping (and double jumping) in my project, but it’s not working as intended as it seems like the jumping is fighting against the gravity.

This is the blueprint that I used for the jump and this is the result.

This is how I want the jumping to function - being able to achieve the same jump height, even when falling.

I’ve tried to look for a solution online, but could not find one. I’m a beginner, so my skills and knowledge aren’t quite there yet. Help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more details, please ask.

why not leverage the double jump built into the engine? if you open the character, go to the class defaults, look for the character section, there will be a option for max jump count. if you set this option to 2 then the character will be able to just twice. basically jump once from the ground then again in the air. the jump count is reset on landing. this way you dont need to try to match the jump with a launch character.

My character doesn’t have that, but, I was able to fix the problem on my own! Thanks for the advice though.

your character does have it actually all characters do. the option i mentioned is something that comes with the base character class and i would guess comes from the movement component.