Join Session from different Projects possible?

Hi to all unrealistas,

my goal:

have different applications (Projects) running (one on an android device and one on a windows PC) connected to one server all running in the same LAN (either a dedicated server in the background or preferrable a windows session where the android joins). So no real multiplayer game but some kind of multi device game.

So at first i want my android device act as an addition to the monitor showing for example the minimap of a level that i am running through on a windows PC game or other stats like a HUD. (third person preferred) or maybe later act as an x-ray-scanner with making use of the motion sensors. (e.g. hold device up for scanning the ceiling).

my questions:

Is it possible at all? And if so…

Do i have to make one application running on all devices?

Or can i have one desktop application (Project A) and an independent android application (Project B)?

If a dedicated server is necessary, can i make one additional dedicated background server (Project C)?

So far i didn’t succeed to join a session hosted by project A from project B (both windows, no android yet). Only joining from project A to project A (two instances running) is possible.

Any hints are very appreciated.

Thanks to all helpful feedbackers in advance.

Raphael