Join session did not load the server map

Hi,

I am currently using epic online services as subsystem. I created a session successfully and joined it from another instance (in the same machine) using different accounts. According to the log files, the join is successful and client travel was triggered. The sequence is as follows:

I have a menumap which creates/join the session. I created a session on the host instance. It then loads the lobby map with listen option.
I launched another instance and joined the session from the menu. The message from eos was successful. But I am still stuck in mainmenu map. Additional attempts to join were declined with message “session already exists”.

This is excerpts from the log file:

LogOnlineSession: OSS: Join session: traveling to [ipaddress]
LogGameMode: Display: Match State Changed from InProgress to LeavingMap
LogGameState: Match State Changed from InProgress to LeavingMap
LogNet: Browse: [ipaddress]/Game/Maps/[StartupMap]
LogInit: WinSock: Socket queue. Rx: 32768 (config 32768) Tx: 32768 (config 32768)
LogNet: Created socket for bind address: 0.0.0.0 on port 0
PacketHandlerLog: Loaded PacketHandler component: Engine.EngineHandlerComponentFactory (StatelessConnectHandlerComponent)
LogNet: Game client on port 7777, rate 10000

Thank you

If you are playing from the editor, make sure to set the play mode to “Standalone Game”. I suggest, that you go into Editor Preferences, and change a few things there as well. Set “Run Under One Process” to false, and in the Additional Launch Parameters field, type “-log”. About your issue, after you’ve joined a session, you can call UGameInstance::ClientTravelToSession. This will take care of traveling the player into the session.

Hi,

I finally managed to reslove this. This was due to an unrelated network issue. All working fine now.

Thank you

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Did you get this firewall related error?

Do you remember what the network unrelated issue was?

Sorry its gone. I will post it if I remember