Jittery Animation In State Machine Animation

I’ve got a skeletal mesh of a hand. I want it to grab stuff, so I attach a capsule collider to sockets for each finger bone. When grabbing, in an animation state, I user a “Transform (Modify) Bone” node for each finger bone to increase the angle of the bone until its collider hits something, then stop.

It works as expected, except that the fingers jitter after the grab. I tried setting the play rate to 0 after the grab, but the fingers still jitter.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I’m also open to approaches instead multiple “Transform (Modify) Bone” nodes. I’ve been digging through the documentation, and can’t find anything else that lets me set the positions of all the bones independently.

Edit: as described in the comment, I moved from using “Transform (Modify) Bone” to a blendspace and “Layered Blend per Bone” node for each finger bone. I still get the jitter, but I no longer think it’s related to the use of “Transform (Modify) Bone” nodes.

Changed pose method to use a blendspace and multiple “Layered Blend Per Bone” nodes, one for each finger bone (as used in this project). The grip looks a lot better, but I still get the jitter.

The function used to set the values for modifying the bones was being called in it’s one timer loop, not the BlueprintUpdateAnimation event. Moving that function to BlueprintUpdateAnimation did not fix the jitter.