Jitter movement

Hello! My characters has jitter while they are mooving on STANDALONE (i mean in isolated process) dedicated. So if i build dedicated server or run it standalone in editor - movement of clients jitter, if it runs in single proccess (PIE, for example) - no jittering ocured.
Also moving animation (blendspace) randomly playing FASTER then it should.

Hey stunder,

I setup a multiplayer environment with a dedicated server using the third person template and I am not seeing any issue with jittering or with the Animation Blendspace playing faster than when in PIE.

• Have you done anything that might replicate the movement of your character on top of what is setup by default with the Character class?
  • Are you able to replicate this issue with a empty project?

Well, i have click to run movement setup, and on 4.10 version it was 100% okay, because i tested and i cant remember that bug.
Its totaly looks like bug in this thread

Also, in 4.10 i remember server log and now i see some new warning, that i didnt see in 4.10, so i think its somehow connected to my issue. I can say i am 100% sure its connected to my issue.

[2016.07.21-20.16.43:717][609]LogDemo:Warning: UDemoNetDriver::TickFlush: SLOW FRAME. Avg: 85.46, Max: 85.46, Actors: 8
[2016.07.21-20.16.56:303][  4]LogNetPackageMap:Warning: Long net serialize: 36.256901ms, Serialized Object ModelComponent_64

Also my ping on localhost is 50 ms, its not normal! What is wrong with dedicated server, i didnt have such problem on 4.10

In regards to upgrading from 4.10 to 4.12, there is always the possibility of something breaking, which is why I am curious if you make a new project, does this issue still occur?

Also, have you written any code that may interfere with the normal Character replication process?

Well, now, i didnt.
My server logs contain this, im sure it somehow connected to problem
[2016.07.21-20.16.43:717][609]LogDemo:Warning: UDemoNetDriver::TickFlush: SLOW FRAME. Avg: 85.46, Max: 85.46, Actors: 8
[2016.07.21-20.16.56:303][ 4]LogNetPackageMap:Warning: Long net serialize: 36.256901ms, Serialized Object ModelComponent_64

Well, i didnt.
My server log contains warning about slow tickrate/slow frame, i am thinking its somehow connected to problem

The only way you should see the “UDemoNetDriver::TickFlush: SLOW FRAME” warning is if you are recording a net demo. Also, it is a warning, so unless your log is being spammed with it, I would’t consider it as a concerning issue.

The “Long net serialize:” is also just a warning that the that net packet took longer than a “LongLoadThreshold” amount; not a overly concerning thing to see every once in a while, in a networked game.

I will say that with the UDemoNetDriver sending a warning your way, you should look into turning off the net demo and see if that fixes your issue.

It will also help me if you answer the following:

• Have you done anything that might replicate the movement of your character on top of what is setup by default with the Character class?
  • Are you able to replicate this issue with a empty project?

Hi stunder,

Do you happen to have a Spring Arm Component that has bEnableCameraLag enabled? There is a issue where that will cause the SkeletalMesh it is attached to to jitter around.

You can see the issue here:

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-34580