Jenkins Pipeline vs UE4 Automated Testing

Hello all,

first of all I am truly sorry if this is not the right place for this but I am srsly stuck here(not a code guy) and I thought that it will be better to ask ppl with actual knowledge and just seek some help.

We have a pipline that is build like this:

**UE4 **-> **P4 **-> Jenkins(automated building) -> Steamworks(automated build after Jenkins finishes the job)

So we’ve made a couple of tests in UE4 that we start from the "Session Frontend -> Automation" and they work perfectly fine but what we would like best would be adding Automation Tests to the pipeline so that they are executed before the actual build e.g:

People committed some of their work, the day comes to an end but WE KNOW that sometimes designers commit stuff with mistakes and because of that other ppl can’t go through with their stuff and we have a build_failure from the cook that is being made at night.

My questions:

1. How do I pin the tests to Jenkins? From a commandline? e.g:
https://github.com/code-iai/UE4Bson/wiki/Run-Automated-Tests-From-Commandline
  • On this site I can’t find any information if there is a way to get more info how to return executed tests result besides the log?
  1. Do I use C++ in a bat file? Cause I found you can do it with some alterations.
  2. Do I use some sort of queuing for certain scripts before pushing the build through?

I was thinking maybe make Jenkins run a bat that would run shortcut like this:

D:\P4Projects\UE_4_23_0\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe "<project_name>\<project_name>.uproject" -ExecCmds="Automation RunTests [YourPrettyTestName]" -unattended -nopause -testexit="Automation Test Queue Empty" -log=testlog

.txt

After that push the build.

I know it’s all chaotic but I would rly appreciate some insight from you guys.

Cheers.