Japanese Garden - UE 5.2

Inspired by concept artist Mikey Mikey. Most of the assets are Megascans except for the tatami room which was modeled in and textured with 3ds Max and Substance Painter and post in Davinci Resolve. This was a great warm-up to get back to 3D art after some time. HUGE thank you to WIlliam Faucher for his videos which helped tremendously as well as the Easy Fog plug-in. Enjoy!

More screenshots and WIP on my Artstation: ArtStation - Japanese Garden - UE5

7 Likes

Wow! What a way to take Mikey Mikey’s fantastic work to the next level! Your inspired garden turned out incredible; both the daytime and nighttime cycle contain outstanding visual qualities/details, but I love the nighttime version of this scene slightly more. Knowing this was a “warm-up” back into 3D art, your creation is even more impressive! How long have you been away from 3D art, and how long did this scene take to develop? :star_struck:

Thanks!!! Means a lot! I’ve been away from actually making art for a few years now. However I’ve always kept up to date with the space and tech throughout the years. I’ve never really detached from game art as long as I can remember. This project took about 2 weeks give or take. Had to re-learn a some things and get back into the workflow!

1 Like

Hi there @BKPrimal,

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful week so far :slight_smile:

An absolutely stunning garden you’ve created here. The use of various plantlife to add color to the scene really elevates it and gives such a dreamy feeling. That combined with the koi fish and stone lantern pieces has resulted in something breathtakingly beautiful.

Thanks for sharing and can’t wait to see your next work!

2 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Don’t mention it, and thank you for clarifying! Again, your 3D art is very impressive; it’s safe to say you still got it. I appreciate you sharing your work with us, and I hope to see more from you in the future. :grin:

1 Like