Jack Saves Easter - Steam Early Access

Hilltop Games LLC is proud to announce the release of Jack Saves Easter for Steam Early Access.
Jack Saves Easter - Steam Early Access

You can also watch the gameplay trailer here: YouTube Gameplay Trailer

Jack Saves Easter is a Family Friendly Platformer with Puzzles and RPG style gameplay.
This game was developed by Emsad Brushbeard (Platformer Development Kits) and T.C. Mabe (GameDev Tutorials).

Thanks for checking it out !
T.C. Mabe

3 Likes

Greetings TCMabe!

Just in time for the upcoming holiday! Jack Saves Easter is drop-dead adorable! The art style is adorable! Even the skull-headed boss is adorable! I’m in love with Jack’s furry little arms! Thank you so much for sharing this project with us! How many projects have you developed using UE? What are your favorite moments in creating Jack Saves Easter, and what inspired the game?

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the great feedback !

Jack Saves Easter was inspired in some ways by the movie Hop. In this movie the main character is a bunny on Easter Island where they make all the candy and Easter eggs. Jack really gets his name from being a “Jack Rabbit” and the name “Jack” is also used because it fits our overall story. In the game Jack completes challenging puzzles and fights different enemies to recover essence of life. When these essence are returned to the island they refuel Eggdrasyl the ancient Easter egg tree. You also notice that a vine starts to emerge in the rabbit garden by the water tower. As each essence is recovered the vine grows taller and taller. Eventually you will face the final challenge which is to defeat the cloud giant and recover the golden egg from his pet goose. This of course is based on Jack and the beanstalk. Jack also has other titles coming down the road … Jack Saves Halloween where Jack will represent Jack O’ Lantern and Jack Saves Christmas where he will represent Jack Frost.

Jack Saves Easter is our first game project using Unreal Engine. My business partner Emsad Brushbeard has developed a few kits that are sold on the marketplace.

My personal favorite moments regarding the development of this project honestly have come from imagining something and discussing it with Emsad and then seeing it come to life in such a fun and enjoyable way. It has been a lifelong goal of ours to make a commercial game. Unreal Engine has made that dream a reality by being such a user friendly development environment. The level of commitment to providing users with content and usable tools is amazing.

Our journey started with a few email exchanges and the eventual conversations that lead to forming a partnership. Having Emsad as a creative partner has really been an enjoyable experience. We are both excited to have the opportunity to develop something this fun and family friendly.

Thanks again for your comments ! It really energizes us to make the best game possible !
If you would be interested in checking the game out, let me know and I can get you a key.

Cheers !

T.C. Mabe
Hilltop Games LLC

2 Likes