I've moved my UE4 folder, how can I tell EG launcher?

Is there a way to tell the Epic Games Launcher where my new UE4 location is?

I installed it to the wrong HDD, and so I moved it thinking that like Steam I could simply redirect the search in launcher. I cannot seem to find a means of doing this. My internet is quite poor and I would rather not have to download the entire engine again, if possible.

Thanks.

So before trying out my solution, please wait for someone to maybe tell you different, better solution :).

First, copy all your engine files somewhere safe. Than I would start downloading engine to new location (not the one where copied files are). Then force close EG Launcher (do not click on cancel of download).
And then I would Copy (not move, so you can keep your backup) my files to a directory where download is started, and I would run the EG Launcher again.

If that does not work, maybe this would. I found that locations are being kept is registry. But tempering with registry is risky. Do not do it unless you are skilled enough.
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EpicGames\Unreal Engine contains information on all installed engine versions and their locations.

1 Like

I have had some experience with the Registry Editor in the past. So all I have to do essentially is find the registry for 4.23 and add it under the Unreal Engine folder, correct? That would give it the proper target?

You should change the registry value for 4.23 to your new directory. You can see key “InstalledDirectory” under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EpicGames\Unreal Engine\4.23
If you double click on “InstalledDirectory” key, you will be able to change the value

So there was no Key already in place for 4.23, I just had from 4.18 to 4.20.

I made a new key, added a new string, named it InstallDirectory and gave it the directory value, but the EG launcher still doesn’t recognize it :confused: I guess I can try your first suggestion if you don’t have another?

Well, yes. I don’t have any other solution on my mind? :frowning: