I've created an Infinite Voxel World, similar to Minecraft

put it on the marketplace

Its really cool that you were able to get that working with BP only, good job!

I always wanted to mod Minecraft, but I never really wanted to spend time learning Java just for that. Within the UE4 environment, I could mod this to hell. :slight_smile:

thats really cool man, nice job

cool,nice job

This is a glorius day, a great resource(100%awesome) :wink:

Has the bp to c++ converter by epic been released?

According to Gameinformers “Inde flow chart” You just won the “Copycat Award” LOL
All kidding aside it looks gr8

Are the 1x1x1 cubes individual meshes or is the visible surface mesh procedurally generated from the voxel information?

Wow this is awesome… I did it with C++ and @andrewscheidecker’s BrickGame… Are your blocks Instanced Static Meshes? The last time I tried this, it lagged as hell with 16x16x16 blocks :smiley:

That’s fantastic work! Is the Blueprint -> C++ conversion tool already available?

Phenomenal work! That looks super fun. I’d love to explore it and what’s powering it under the hood. Send that thing to the marketplace! :slight_smile:

please release this! either free here or <10 USD on the marketplace. this would be wonderful as a learning tool!

Thanks very much!

I’ve uploaded the packaged project, so you can play it yourself and see how it feels like :cool:

And @unrealengine even retweetet my tweet about it! https://twitter.com/alcatraz_john/status/706283361497702400 Thanks very much for the Support Epic!

I’ve also added the download link to the video description on YouTube now.

Yes, it is in the 4.11 Preview! You can get it from the Launcher or directly from Github.

Every cube is an instance. You probably did not check for which blocks are visible, most of the time only less than 1% of the existing blocks are actually visible for the player. I do fancy math and only add these blocks to the world, so it’s running very smooth :cool:

Really nice stuff! I wonder how it runs with bigger worlds and added npcs? Of course you probably don’t plan to go much further than what you’ve done but I’m interested in how it would perform versus a Java base.

What fun, thank you so much for sharing that and well done on putting it together, perhaps one day it could be a learning resource for UE4, it would be an awesome one. :slight_smile:

The size of the world won’t affect performance, only view distance does. So no matter how big the world is, it will always run great. I also see no reason why NPCs should have a significant impact on the performance, apart from that the character movement component is quite expensive once you have hundreds of (visible) characters running around. But that’s the same for every kind of game. But you’re not forced to use the character movement component, so if you actually do it the same way you would do a NPC in Java (do it yourself and not use any components from UE4) then there’s no reason why it should run slower in UE4 :slight_smile:

So, I bet there’s gonna be a lot of modders and content addons here for this project :wink:

I already make a game with this kind of terrain with Modding and Multiplayer, but maybe I switch the Voxel engine, depending on the performance of this one.