I've been struggling for nearly a month to get Skeletronix updated to 4.12

I presume the command you refer to is RunUAT BuildPlugin …? That is the correct way to do it if you’re building for marketplace, as it will most closely match Epic’s testing, and also the way they package the plugin for final distribution. I do all my development within a test project, but before submitting to Epic, you should always run that command.

Paper2D is an engine plugin, and UBT checks (and possibly links against) all such plugins at build time.
I’ve had issues with engine .lib files getting deleted by the build process before, at which point I verify the installation through the launcher, or checkout in the case of Github.

That said, for MP you should really be building against the launcher version, since that is what your plugin needs to be compatible with for release. Even if you think you checked out the corresponding commit on Github, there are likely to be minor differences in the build setup.

Well, using the binary version to package works. I wish I had known to use that earlier, but thanks everyone for chiming in!

Tried it with a fresh download of the source from github, but basically got an unresolved external error for every single function in the engine. The plugin packages fine with binary version of the engine though.

Hi there,

If you could can you please PM me with what you’re asking Jake? I’ve gone ahead and looked at that thread and it looks like his messages are going through but we don’t see any of your messages to him. There may be a break here somewhere which we will figure out and repair but in the meantime I’d like to make sure we get the updated version of your plugin out as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Very odd. I sent you a PM just now regarding your update. Reach back to me there and we will sort out what is going on.

For anyone who stumbles on this thread, it seems like my emails just weren’t getting through which is why it felt like my questions were being ignored. Everything is sorted out now. Thank you, everyone.

Was there anything specific that was done to fix it? If others suspect the same thing what do they do? Is it a certain email host being blocked (hotmail, gmail, etc.)? There really should be an official method of communcation through a publisher portal or the epic website.

I wasn’t given any details other than that they are receiving my messages again. If it helps, I use gmail.