Items in Tile View not displaying correctly.

Hello!

I am putting together an inventory system where the players inventory expands when the put on new equipment.

I have an Inventory UI with a List View that shows all of the containers that the player is currently wearing, inside each of these is a Tile View that should display the available slots for that container but doesn’t.

I’m unsure if this has something to do with the fact that the Tile View is inside of a List view or if I have forgotten or missed something when creating the widgets. I have made sure that the slot widgets inherit from IUserObjectListEntry.

The blueprint for populating the Tile View:

What it should look like:

What it actually looks like:

So I’ve been playing around some more and found some very weird things with Tile View.

309861-screenshot-57.png

I used the OnConstruct event in the widget blueprint to add an item to the Tile View just to see if it would work and surprisingly it did. I’m confused as to how it can add an item to the list when that item is an object reference that (as far as I know) hasn’t been created yet and shouldn’t exist.

309862-screenshot-60.png

309863-screenshot-61.png

309864-screenshot-59.png

So with this success I went ahead and made a custom event in the widget blueprint for creating the new items which was called from the inventory component, no dice. I am seriously confused about how all of this is supposed to work.