Hi all, thanks in advance. I model things in 3ds max and i CANT get the scale working right. Things either go into the engine to big or to small. I really like working in Feet and Inches but for some reason UE4 hates that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1uu = 1cm → so 0.39 inches Make sure to use the right export settings → e.g cm, inches,…
HEY! I had the same issue. Here’s what I did for 3ds max…
- Go to “Customize” at the top of your screen and scroll down and click “Units Setup”
- A window will pop up, at the top of it, click the button that reads “System Units Setup”
- Set 1 Unit = “50.0” and then select " Centimeters
- Click “Respect System in Units Files”
- Press Okay
- You should now see the original “Units Setup” window, at the bottom, select “Generic Units”
- Press Okay.
Now create a box that is 10 units by 10 units. That is equal to what I call 10 feet by 10 feet. In actuality the number is closer to 30 per unit, but I found that to be too small feeling in games.