Issues with Unreal Futures: Careers in Fashion

Hi there
I’m a total beginner (with a creative background) who just downloaded UE 5 to start working through the Unreal Futures: Careers in Fashion course.
Am I right in thinking the pack needed for the fashion designs is only compatible with a previous version of UE? Is there any way to downgrade if you’re a first time user?
Also, the tutorial videos appear to have stopped playing. I’ve tried multiple machines and browsers. Do you know if anyone else has reported this issue?
I’d love to do a course like this (in fashion specifically). Can anyone recommend an alternative if this one is no longer compatible?
Thanks

You should be able to download the project and run it in the latest version of Unreal Engine 5.1. Project updates close to one another rarely cause issues unless there’s been major overhauls.

Simply download the project and convert it from the 4.27 version into the 5.0 or 5.1 version.

As for the video tutorial, I am not sure what is causing issues for you.

Note: There might be changes and things that do not work properly, but in this case I think you will be fine.

Thank you very much for your reply!
Honestly, I would love to feed back to the designers of the course on this. It’s really difficult to follow the tutorials because the layouts and what’s available to download are so different now. In terms of how to convert even, I need to do some research! I use other programs for design, but this is really throwing me!
The videos are working today, but the other elements the course tutor suggests to download aren’t anymore.
I really appreciate you help, thank you very much.

1 Like