Issues with PCG and Copy Points Node 5.3

Hello everybody! I have a problem with PNG in version 5.3. I do not understand how to make the Copy to Point node work together with create point grid. In version 5.2, I managed to create a grid and copy it to the source around other points. Now, no matter what I do, I can’t get any result.

That’s what I need in the end!

What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong at first glance.
Two things to verify:

• Do you have multiple splines? The Copy Points node doesn’t work with multi data, so you have to add a Merge node after your Density Filter if you have multiple splines
  • Do you have some points when you inspect the copy points? In the Attribute view. You can double click on a row to jump to the point.

Hello, has the problem been solved? I also encountered the same problem in 5.3.

1 Like

No, I don’t have any of the above. I’m doing the same as I did in 5.2, everything worked there. The same thing doesn’t work right now. I tried everything, but nothing helped :smiling_face_with_tear:

Have you tried disabling the copy node? I’m only half joking in that I can get a single instance of copy nodes to work after disabling the node (at least in the viewport, not sure about runtime stability).

I have the same issue with 5.4.

I have a simple setup with points taken from the landscape data and filtered by density:

I also have created a points grid as follow:

Then I use copy points. Points are created but they are all over the place and not at all where I expect them: