Issues with loading stream levels

Hi everyone, I’m having some issues with loading and unloading levels by using level streaming. I have followed directions from tutorials on how to handle loading levels by also incorporating loading screens. Basically my main mission is to have a big world loaded up and to switch to a different level once the player reaches a certain area like a cave or such. How I want it to work is that the initial level would unload itself while the new proceeding level would boot itself up and vice versa. I am running into an issue in which the loading screen pops up but the new level does not load at all. Did I happened to make a mistake on something? Hopefully you guys will be able to lend a hand, thanks!

I think your main problem may be:

313456-node.jpg

for two reasons:

1. You’re calling the level that you’re already in

2. If you want to trigger the stream event, with your setup, you need to get the game instance to call the dispatcher, but you’re calling it directly.

It’s a very fiddly BP, and most of your problems are coming from trying to make things happen in the level BP and trying to talk to the level BP.

You’ll find it a lot easier ( and no dispatchers needed ) if you stream the levels from the game instance.

EDIT: This:

313457-fade.jpg

is also a bit strange, I think you’re getting hitched up on dispatchers :slight_smile:

If you’re going to call the widget, IT can remove itself from parent :wink:

Here’s an example of how to do this with the game instance.

The widget has no code in, it just say loading…

The overlap box is:

and the game instance is:

I just have an empty persistent level which has Level1 and Level2 as sublevels. The BP for the persistent is:

So you see everything happens in the GI. Hope that helps…

Hey there, I tried implementing that technique with the inclusion on my fade in and out for level transitioning however, I still get the same results. The “Cave_Level” simply just loads and unloads for a small second. What I wanted is bascially to load that level while the other level is unloaded completely but I don’t know if that is possible with a big world. Do I need to transfer or teleport my character to the cave_level’s map location for this to work? Thanks!

If it loads and then unloads, I’m afraid it means you’re loading it and then unloading it… :wink:

Try it first without the widget, just get the level to actually load, then put the widget in afterwards.

You can post your code if you want, I’ll take a look.

This is what I have so far
313554-

It looks good, but you have the same problem as in the beginning:

You’re trying to load the persistent level while already in it :slight_smile:

Let me check you have the logic clear here. To use streaming you need a totally empty level with nothing in, just black. THAT’S your persistent level, and it just has the code, in the level BP to load your environment level. Then, when you walk into the cave, the GI unloads the environment, and loads the cave.

So the environment and cave are both sublevels of the empty persistent level.