Issues with Delay in Game Over Screen

Hi! I’m new to Unreal Engine, so this might be a bit of an obvious one, but I’m on a deadline and haven’t been able to find a solution by myself, any help would be appreciated.

I have a game over screen where a “you’re dead” type of image cutscene is supposed to pop up, be in the screen for 3-5 seconds, and then open up the game over UI system over the image. Trying to bake the delay in has proven to be difficult, and with this setup the cutscene just pops up under the game over menu.

None of the “Set Timer by…” nodes work, I even tried adding or replacing them with delay nodes but noticed no difference.

(Game Over Cutscene Widget is the image I want to pop up first, Game Over Widget is the UI system I want to pop up after it with 4ish seconds of delay)

1 Like

You destroy the actor first, so the rest of the code will not work. Destroy after the delay. This also hurts my eyes :wink: :

Avoid doing things like this, it adds to confusion. Create WidgetAdd to Viewport.

Your timers do not do anything, that’s not they work. You’d need to provide a function name that execute when the time is up.

Try this instead:

Wonderful! I suspected that destroying the self was the issue as well, feels good to have some sort of hunch about it haha. Thank you so much for your help!

I had to build a bit more to get the sound off loop, but the setup works perfectly now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.