Issues regarding AI fighter jets (aerial vehicles)

Hello everyone, I have been researching artificial intelligence issues related to fighter jets recently, and there is almost no tutorial available in this area. I can’t find any place to start
I have created a blueprint for missile tracking, using the “find look at rotation” node and using “Rinterp to” to smoothly track the target, but this obviously cannot be directly used on AI fighter jets. The biggest problem is that the aircraft does not “roll” like in reality
I also want to add a mouse control similar to War Thunder to the aircraft I created (which can now be controlled using a keyboard). Of course, this will also encounter the problem of the aircraft being able to only move up, down, left, right, and towards the target, as mentioned above. I only found demonstration videos on YouTube and cannot search for any tutorials
Do I need to use advanced algorithms such as PID controllers? This seems difficult, I can’t even roll the plane towards the target direction.

I attempted this many years ago and failed, but this video gives you an idea of how to think about it:

YouTube

The guy codes basic flight AI before your eyes in Unity. What you can do is the legwork to figure out how to replicate the main steps of that code in either blueprints (which might be hard) or C++ (a bit easier considering the flexibility). Obviously depending on how your flight model is written, you may need to adapt it more than usualy.

If you keep frequently hitting roadblocks you’ll probably need to understand some intermediate vector math too. That means reading a book on game math or watching some videos.

Good luck.