Issues getting Unreal project run on the Quest

I am having similar issues with unreal 4.25 - most of the time I also got a black screen or worse, a crashing app.

Followed the new instructions for installing the sdk and ndk but no matter what I tried, the Oculus app did not work.

So I switched back to 4.24 for now…

@Bantol did you solve the issue? Did you you make sure to add the Oculus quest under advanced packaging?

Still trying to figure out what causes the instant crashes in Oculus quest… (Official release and oulus branch)

I have got the same issue, for now, I checked off the support for Vulkan support.
Anyone used Vulkan properly with Quest?

Been struggling with this for the past few days. Here’s the setup that worked for me:

*** UnrealEngine 4.25.1** built from source from Oculus repo
https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine.git

*** Android Studio 3.5.3**

*** AndroidSDK **
SDK - C:\Users\username\Documents\AndroidSDK
JDK - C:\Users\username\Documents\AndroidSDK\jre
NDK - C:\Users\username\Documents\AndroidSDK
dk\21.1.6352462
SDK API - latest
NDK API - android-19

*** Android **
Minimum SDK - 25
Target SDK - 25
Package game data inside apk [on]
armv7 [on]
armv64 [off]
OpenGL [on]
Vulkan [off]
Package Oculus For Mobile Devices - [Oculus Quest]
Remove Oculus Signature Files from Distribution apk [on]

*** Rendering**
Mobile - 8x MSAA
Mobile MSAA [on]
Support Software Occlusion Culling [on]
Forward Shading [on]
Instanced Stereo [on]
Mobile HDR [off]
Mobile Multi-View [on]
Round Robin Occlusion Quesies [on]

I’m developing for Quest 1 on UE4 4.23, and I concur with the settings provided by [USER=“3177209”]Kirill Ragozin[/USER]. Specifically, I was previously successfully packaging with

*** Android **
armv7 [off]
armv64 [on]
OpenGL [on]
Vulkan [on]

but, as of a recent Quest update, the builds either display black or crash unless I use

*** Android **
armv7 [on]
armv64 [off]
OpenGL [on]
Vulkan [off]

Here are my settings, deployed to quest (1), using Vulkan! My project is still pretty much empty, but hey - it works!
For reference, I couldn’t get ‘mobile multi-view’ to work with opengl in a previous engine release (4.25.1oculus), this is using the latest 4.25.4-oculus 1.55 v23

Minimum SDK - 25
Target SDK - 25
armv7 [on]
armv64 [off]
OpenGL [off]
Vulkan [on]

Mobile - 4x MSAA
Mobile MSAA [on]
Forward Shading [off] - This option is only relevant if you’re doing a desktop build and/or want to preview msaa while using SM5! The mobile renderer supports msaa
Instanced Stereo [on]
Mobile HDR [off] - If this is on, the Vulkan Preview works (if mobile msaa is also on, otherwise it needs to be off for the preview not to crash the editor)
Mobile Multi-View [on]

Important note:
The Vulkan preview crashes the editor if mobile msaa is enabled! However it deploys to Quest and the game works (along with msaa and, hopefully, multiview)! It will be a bit more difficult to preview the graphics, but I’ll rather walk the Vulkan path and hope for the best.

Im now having this Issue in UE5, I cant revert back to 4 as I was having waay more issues with that with other things. Works fine in VR Preview, but then after packaging… nothing

and yes ive tried these settings, but armv7 isnt even an option in ue5, also, the vr template would package fine, which has the lumen settings on… so really confused now

Whether Lumen is enabled or not doesn’t matter as it doesn’t work w. the Forward Renderer or on Android. Are you able to launch a new VR Template in 5.0 to device?