Issues found in my packaged build with Save Game function

Hi everyone!!!

First, hope you all are doing fine!

Here is my case:
My engine version is 4.27. In my project, I used “CreateSaveGameObject”, “SaveGameToSlot” and “LoadGameFromSlot” to save and load some of my game data. It works fine in editor’s PIE - it will create a xxx.sav flie in the project\Saved\SaveGames and it will successfully load everything back. Everything seems fine.

However, a few days ago, I was trying to package the project(development mode), my SaveFunction and LoadFunction don’t work anymore. When I cliked on my save button, no .sav file or Saved Folder was created under the directory.

I also did some research, it said in package shipment mode, the .sav file will be created in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\GameName. I tried to package my project in shipment mode too, but I didn’t find the .sav file, even the project folder was not created. Then I manually created the folder under the right directory, no file was created either.

What’s more, the packaged build still keep some old saved data in PIE mode, no matter how many times I refresh, recompile, repackage, cook contents, the data is still there.

TL;DR

• SaveGame doesn’t work properly with my package build(development package & shipment package)
  • No such a folder or file in: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\GameName(shipment package)

Anyone has any idea about this issue?

Thank you for your time to get here. I will appreciate every piece of advice or comment here!

Cheers
Vince

bump

I still need some help if possible :smiling_face_with_tear:

Anyone found a fix? Still need help!