Issues after importing surround sound

Hello,

I’m trying to do surround sounds with UE 4.6.1 but I have some issues.
I attached the sounds I use. My PC is attached to a working 5.1 system.
If I import my test sound (Heather_test.wav), I can play it. But for some reasons it plays on the side channel.
If I do a group import (Step1.png) of my sounds, it works at the beginning. In the preview (Step2.png) I can see my tracks and the info does say 5 channels (Step3.png). But I try to play, the preview suddenly becomes black (Step4.png) and the info says 0 channels. And I obviously, I don’t hear anything.

Same thing happens in 4.7.6.

Then I tried with another set of surround sounds that I cannot share because it’s copyrighted music.
In 4.6.1 : same issue.
In 4.7.6 : it works but I get 6 channels instead of 5.

Both sets of sounds are wav PCM 16 bits exported from Audacity.
The only difference is that the working set in 4.7.6 is 48 KHz.

Best,

OK I managed to make my first test work in 4.7.6. Here’s the files. The trick is that all the sounds have to have the exact same length.

There’s still two issues :

-it creates 6 channels instead of 5 (but the channels are going to the correct speakers. I think front center is doubled automatically as low frequency for the sub-woofer)

-it still doesn’t work in 4.6.1

Hey BZysberg,

If you have managed to get it to work in a later version of the engine, I suggest you work in that version. Even though it does not work in 4.6.1 because it works in 4.7.6 a fix will not be needed. We do appreciate you taking the time to report this issue.

It seems you have gone through our documentation and taken a look at how to configure your audio for 5.1 surround sound, but you are missing a sound file. When configuring for 5.1 surround you will actually have 6 channels.

Audio Files

Here are all the file extension names you will need. Let me know if you are still having issues.

Thank you,