Issue with Stereo Panoramic Movie Capture (Image)

Good afternoon,

My studio is trying out the built-in Stereo Panoramic Movie Capture plugin for UE4 and have run into an issue. When we create a 360 video the frames we get all have strange dark streaks across the frames as seen below.

Seems to be based on the Vertical Angular Increment and/or the Capture Horizontal FOV. We have tested with the numbers posted by Ninja Theory and the numbers on the UE4 documentation. Project is played in Standalone mode with the fixed time step flag and max fps set to 60.

Has anyone seen this issue and found a solution?

Hi ,

I encountered this issue, and fixed it by making sure the Vignetting effect (in the Image Effects settings) was disabled in both my camera actor used for capture and my post process (it’s at 0.4 by default).

Let me know if this fixes your issue.

See https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5575

I had this problem and I tried all ways to solve it. finally I found this solution:
Go to Capturing Stereoscopic 360 Screenshots and Movies from Unreal Engine 4 - Unreal Engine and make sure you’ve done the 3rd and 5th point under “Additional Gotchas and Notes”.

Set the configurations under “Configuring the Plugin Settings For Best Quality” with a little twist:

SP.VerticalAngularIncrement 15
SP.ConcurrentCaptures 8
SP.CaptureSlicePixelWidth 360 for SP.StepCaptureWidth 4096
or
SP.CaptureSlicePixelWidth 720 for SP.StepCaptureWidth 6144

Next, disable every “Light Shaft Occlusion” for all your “Directional Light”

This works fine for me.