Issue with 'Spawn Actor' Node Variation in Unreal Engine

I am learning Unreal Engine since a past few days. So I bought a course on Udemy and the guy made a small project where we can make spheres shoot like projectiles. While watching the tutorial I just copied what he was doing but after the completion of the tutorial I thought of doing it again on my own this time. When I was trying to make the same project on my own I faced a problem which you can see it in the screenshot attached. In the number 2 screenshot, the “Spawn Actor” node is different than that of screenshot 1. Why’s that? And how can I fix that? I need the “Spawn Actor” node as number 2 but every time I search for “Spawn Actor” it just gives me the node as in number 1 screenshot. With this problem I can’t shoot projectiles in the direction I am pointing but only on the X axis.

is the same but using spliting pin

1 Like

Hey there,

Those can be confusing at first. :smiley:

What you need to do here is split the pin, like this:
SplitPin

Basically any pin which enters of leaves a node and that contains one of the basic data (int,float,array,string,text,etc) can be broken down and recombine. Those are structures essentially, or collections of more basic variables.
A vector if just stored as three floats, same for rotators.
And a Transform is a collection of one vector for location, one rotator for rotation, and a second vector from scale, so 9 floats in total :smiley:

Split and recombining a Pin is essentially the same as this, but done duirectly on the node.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask if you have more questions.

2 Likes

It has always been one of my favourite engine bugs:

1 Like

I didn’t know that one :stuck_out_tongue:
Seems related to the blueprint Friendly Name, this has always been causing trouble. It feels like the thing they did at first thinking it was a good idea but turned out to be a nightmare to maintain. Category for functions/variables are still completly broken because of this ^^

Notice the underscores if you have the friendly blueprint variable names disabled.

1 Like

Mhm.

I don’t think function names should be shared with category names. Bug or feature? Both!

I didn’t know that one :stuck_out_tongue: It’s a fun one.

I guess it’s what’s used for collapsed node. Could be usefull one day? Not sure…

1 Like

Lulz. What kind of sorcery is this even?!

thanks bro you are the g