Issue with Sourcetree

Hi there,

I’m currently doing an outdated tutorial and I’ve an issue when using Sourcetree for my version control. The problem with Sourcetree is that you have to select an empty folder for your repository, so I cannot set it for an existing project. I found only two video-tutorials how to setup UE4 with Sourcetree and both suggest to cut the folder/files from the existing project into the repository folder (with the hidden .git). When I do this I cannot compile the solution in VS anymore. I’ve 61 errors starting with:

" … repos\02_Test\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Inc\Test\TestGameModeBase.generated.h(16): error C2007: #define-Syntax"

I tried to delete the folders .vs, Binaries, DerivedDataCache, Intermediate, Saved and the sln file. After that I regenerated the VS files but I still have the issue. When I try to run the editor I reveive the message: X could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually which leads me to the error above.

I’m using VS 2019 and UE 4.25.

I hope someone can help me out here. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance!