Issue with door not smoothly closing using Blueprints and Sequencer

EDIT: My attachments weren’t working so I embedded the images instead.

Hey guys, so as the title says, I’m having an issue with a sliding door you press E to open when you are close enough to it. The door opens fine, however, when it closes, it doesn’t move smoothly, and snaps shut.

I’ve attached a picture of my Level Blueprints and the Sequencer. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I cant see any images…
Well so, create door BP, use your doors as component in that bp. Drag node “move component to” and set checkboxes “ease” to true… try it, its very simple and effective

I edited and inserted the images in my original post, since they weren’t working.

Thanks!

Also, the function you mentioned won’t work being that it’s a single actor and not a component.

Each Actor consists of Components. A Static Mesh is just an Actor with a StaticMeshComponent.

As Name368 suggested, use a single function like MoveComponentTo or use Timelines.(I prefer Timleines for somethin like this)
Sequencer and Matinee are a bit overhead if you ask me.

When I try to use it, it tells me, “Static Mesh Actor Reference is not compatible with Scene Component Reference.”

because you need to get the Mesh of the Actor and not the actor itself.
Use Actor->Get Static Mesh Component

How would I do that? When I highlight the StaticMeshComponent and create a reference in the Level Blueprint, it still says the same thing.

By the way, I appreciate you trying to help. :slight_smile:

Use the Reference of the Actor , drag off the pin and search for “get Static Mesh Component” :stuck_out_tongue:

Got it working! Thank you so much. :smiley: