Issue with Bridge plugin on Unreal Engine 5.0.3 Ubuntu 20.04

I am currently trying to set up a build pipeline with Azure on a self-hosted AWS instance. So far, I have every part running correctly except for the cook stage in packaging the project. I believe the following error stops the cooking process:

LogCore: Warning: dlopen failed: libXrandr.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
LogCore: Warning: dlopen failed: libXrandr.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Message dialog closed, result: Ok, title: Message, text: Plugin 'Bridge' failed to load because module 'Bridge' could not be loaded.  There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up.

I have built the engine from the release branch on the Unreal Engine repo and using the RunUAT to package the project in the command line. I can’t tell if the issue is to do with the Quixel Bridge plugin not being set up correctly (although I thought it was built into source?) or if theres a dependency I’m missing.

If anyone has any ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Edit: After a lot of research, I’ve found a series of potential fixes but none of them have worked. I’ll list these below:

• Rerun make file [Source]
  • Use RunUAT Build Plugin to rebuild all binaries and copy them into the plugins folder [Source]

This issue has also been reported but it seems to me that they were able to run UE5.0.2 with the bridge plugin. I have had an older version of UE5 (can’t remember .0.2 or .0.1) run fine so maybe is an issue with 5.0.3?

Edit 2: After looking at similar errors I’ve noticed a difference in my error. Other errors have mention that the plugin cannot be loaded because the module cannot be found whereas my issue says it cannot be loaded. I don’t think this is a permission issue?

So, to solve this error required a bunch of dependencies to be installed, I’ll leave the command below for all the packages to be installed:

sudo apt-get install -y libxrandr2 libatk1.0-0 libatk-bridge2.0-0 libx11-xcb-dev libxcb-dri3.so.0 libxcomposite-dev libxcursor-dev libxdamage1 libxi6 libgbm-dev libpangocairo-1.0-0 libxss1

This made my cook progress, however now I am currently having a different error

1 Like