Issue with bones: blender to UE4 - 1 bone ONLY skeleton

Hello guys, i come here after spending at last 8 hours looking at videos.

The problem should be a 1 minute fix, but clearly i am missing something that is TOO specific to be able to find the correct tutorial for it:

I have a model, which needs only 1 to 2 bones. FIrst i wanted to try the 1 bone option. Such bone should go from the feet to the head.

In blender it looks like this:

but in UE4 looks like this: super tiny and it seems that the TIP of the bone is heading to the root? insteadn of going up to the head:

:::

Here i show an exampe of what happens, but i moved the bone to the left to make it easier to observe:

What could the problem be?

Why do you care what a bone looks like in engine?

The first example is what it should be - and will also work fine in engine.

Somehow every engine interprets the bones differently, your rig is alright, my exports from blender looks the same. Normally I only see the tip of the bone and in orange the next bone connected . I wish they put options to render the bones diferently but honestly i don’t think that’s gona happen.

1 Like

it not only how it looked, at alsoworked bad, the pivot point was wrong, i learned which the error was. and it was choosing “Bones” option from blender, it only works for blender animation (properly) so i used weight paint, and its good now :smiley:

Fixed it!

i learned which the error was. and it was choosing “Bones” option from blender, it only works for blender animation (properly) so i used weight paint, and its good now :smiley:

here its the result (not animated yet)

1 Like