Issue with 3rd party character disappearing after running a certain distance on my landscape

Hi I’m new to Unreal Engine and I’m having an issue where my character disappears after running a certain distance away. I’m not using anything special just what the starter contents gave me for third person game and I’m using Unreal Engine 5.4. Please help :slight_smile:

I’m using Unreal Engine 5.4.3 the newest version and I created a 512x512 landscape level…and spawned some foliage such as grass and trees and some boulders. When I go to hit play the character I’m playing as I walk a little bit a ways from the starting point disappears and I’m unable to play the character. I’ve waited to see if the character loads back, but nothing happens, and I have to restart it to play again with the character back at the spawn location.

1 Like

Hi, ignore the previous replies you received. I imagine this is a bot as it is linking to random websites in various other posts as well. Check if you have a trigger box that kills your character around the edge of the map. If you cannot find anything, try creating another default map and see if your character still disappears after some time. Also, I imagine when the character “disappears” you can look around or move around either right? this means the character is being destroyed. If not, there must be some other explanation.

1 Like

Thanks @SlugsGate, I’m going to resolve this issue for now but yeah my character is getting destroyed whenever this happens and its random sometimes it doesn’t happen at the edge of the map sometimes it just happens when I walk a distance from the starting point. I’ll have to look into it more, Thanks!