Issue: Recording PostProcessSettings of a CineCameraActor in Take Recorder drops Framerate (UE 5.4 Preview)

I have a massive framerate drop when recording CineCameraActor with enabled PostProcessSettings parameter in Take Recorder in Unreal 5.4 Preview.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create Base Game Project

2. Create Basic Level

3. Add CineCameraActor to level

4. Open Take Recorder

5. Add CineCameraActor as recording source

6. Make sure PostProcessSettings are activated as Recording Paramteres of the CineCameraActor

7. Press Record

When disabling the PostProcessSettings (also in the Component), the recording is smooth. In UE 5.3 there was also no frame drop even if PostProcessSettings were recorded.

I am aware that 5.4 is in Preview, but just to give you a hint if you have the same problems.

Thanks for the report. We’ve logged this issue but unfortunately we can’t get it fixed before the 5.4 release. Here’s the issue for tracking (not publicly visible at the time of this posting, but should be visible soon): Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-212099)

We’ll try to address it for the 5.4.2 hotfix.

In the meantime, if you record into sub sequences, that should help with the perf issues.

1 Like

Thanks for the update and workaround.

Unfortunately, my current application can not handle recording into Subsequences.

As a workaround until the fix, I need to turn off all the PostProcessSettings Recording Parameters during Runtime with Blueprint.

I can set the PostProcessSettings parameter with getRecordedProperties on the TakeRecorderActorSource to false, that works.

But unfortunately, “getRecordedProperties” only gives me the PostProcessSettings properties of the first hiearchy “CineCameraActor” and not of the child “CameraComponent”, where there are also PostProcessSettings.

Any tipp how set all PostProcessSettings to false (including Component) via Blueprint?
Thanks.