Issue packaging (Resolved)

In addition you might also need

The win 10 SDK - 10.0.19041.0
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk/

7 Likes

Thank you, that did resolve the issue for me.

1 Like

I donā€™t know why, but now it works for me too. I had installed this before, but it didnā€™t work then ā€¦ maybe I was missing the combination with that and the SDK. Thanks a lot!

I ran into a similar error and after following the suggested solution and installing .NET 3.1 I was able to to begin a build. However it would fail and give me the error
ā€œUATHelper: Packaging (Windows): ERROR: Could not find NetFxSDK install dir; this will prevent SwarmInterface from installing. Install a version of .NET Framework SDK at 4.6.0 or higherā€.
This led me to this post which pointed me in the right direction.

If youā€™re still having issues after installing .NET 3.1 open up the Visual Studio Installer and click ā€œModifyā€ from there open the ā€œIndividual Componentsā€ tab at the top and search for ā€œ.NET Framework 4.8 SDKā€ and install it. This immediately worked for me.

Working in 5.0.0 Early Access 2 and I am unable to package for Windows even after having all the correct SDK and dotnet installed and in the right places. You can see from the dropdown that the sdk is installed. Strangely it shows a different version on the device than is installed in editor. I have no idea what else to try. I can create windows builds just fine from 4.26 so its definitely just UE5 related.

2 Likes

Thank you, this helped me with packaging a project that Iā€™ve brought vom UE4.26.2 to UE5 and couldnā€™t package because of the ambiguous message ā€œThe SDK for Windows is not installed properly, which is needed to generate data. Check the SDK section of the Launch On menu in the main toolbar to update SDK.ā€

All WIndows 11 Users who are facing this problem must have the 2019 visual studio app installed with all c++ plugins and you must install the windows 10 sdk drivers here Windows 10 SDK - Windows app development. once the sdk drivers are installed, open unreal, click platforms, then click your pc to update sdk and restart. after that your projects should successfully package into your desired folder. This is what worked for me on windows 11

1 Like

@OALANDFOX: Have you moved your project folder to the root of your harddrive? See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6PSdDX4oYI

Did you find any fix for this?
Iā€™m having exactly the same problem!

Iā€™ve been developing with UE5 ER2 for a few months and was able to build for Windows fine. Today I had to compile some 4.26 plugins for UE5 with Visual Studio and now Iā€™m getting this same canā€™t find the Win64 Binaries error and I canā€™t build any more.

I currently have this exact error with UE5 ER2. A day ago it was packaging fine, but I must have done something in MSVS Iā€™m guessing.

As annoying as it may seem I found the only fix was to completely uninstall/reinstall UE5 from a clean slate. This only seems like a temporary fix though as the same issue appears again after a few days. Must be some internal bug where someone hasnt added the correct pathnames at a certain junction.

1 Like

Do you have any solution for Mac? When I click update device the SDK is installed successfully, but when it is restarted, UE tells that SDK is not installed properly and I cant Cook the Mac. Thanks

Hi guys, this issues seem to be caused by a number of reasons, I tried all of the solutions mentioned above with no luck. What did the trick was installing the SDK .NET

I hope that might help someone

Thank you so much man.

Where do you find this?

You have to install visual studio.

My situation was a little different as I had already installed Windows SDK 10 in both VS2019 and VS2022 and also installed Dotnet 3.1 and UE5 was able to build fine in VS and also in the live coding editor. Only the packaging build couldnā€™t find it. In my case I also had .NET 6 installed on my machine and the packaging tool found that instead of 3.1 and was complaining:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Running AutomationTool...
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): It was not possible to find any compatible framework version
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): The framework 'Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App', version '3.1.0' (x64) was not found.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   - The following frameworks were found:
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):       6.0.3 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): You can resolve the problem by installing the specified framework and/or SDK.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): The specified framework can be found at:
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   - https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunch?framework=Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App&framework_version=3.1.0&arch=x64&rid=win10-x64
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Updating environment variables set by a Turnkey sub-process

I followed some of otherā€™s instructions (not sure if step 1 is required)

1. Copy ā€œC:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\DotNet\Windows\host\fxr\3.1.9\hostfxr.dllā€ to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationTool per SDK Not Setup UE5 - YouTube
  2. Set the DOTNET_ROOT environment variable to UE5ā€™s bundled version of dotnet: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\DotNet\Windows
  3. Edit the PATH variable and put %DOTNET_ROOT% in front of C:\Program Files\dotnet\

Then restart the editor and now it can package Windows!

Thank you so much. After all other installations this fixed the problem.

hi guys
I am unable to package and get the following error.

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ERROR: No target name was specified on the command-line.
PackagingResults: Error: No target name was specified on the command-line.

not: android packaging

thanks