Issue Mapping Live Link Data with Metahuman animation/expression

Hello, as my title says I am having trouble mapping face data from the Live Link app to a metahuman.

Here is what I have done so far:

• Created a UE5 project (Film/Video & Live Event)
  • Imported a metahuman (custom-made) into the project from Quixel Bridge (LOD 0-1)
  • Added required plugins to project (Live Link, ArKit, Apple-etc)
  • Connected Live Link mobile application to local network
  • Set the metahuman’s animation controller to the Live Link feed
  • Calibrated the Live Link data within the Live Link application

The problem I am having:

• Parts of the face are not responding at all (ex. metahuman’s right eyebrow does not respond to me lifting my left eyebrow).
  • The left corner of the mouth seems to be stuck (ex. when I try to open my mouth, all points respond except for the single point stays where it is).
  • The mapping/naming of facial components seems to be mirrored/off/labeled wrong (ex. if I was to wink my right eye this would result in my right eye closing and my left cheek pressing upward. On the metahuman, the left eye would blink and the right cheek would raise.) It is hard to modify anything in BPs if some parts of the face are mirroed with reality while other parts or the opposite?

These issues are very frustrating as I can not seem to get past this basic calibration. I see online people using these same tools and getting results with the metahuman’s facial movements that are really clean. Is there something I am missing? I know that after the metahuman has been calibrated, I will create sequences, am I supposed to be modifying these values there? I am not sure… I have commented on every video I can find and I have posted this question in the Unreal Discord (here) with basically no help.
Note: I don’t need a full solution, I just need to be pointed in the right direction! Please let me know if there is anything I am missing in my setup or calibration workflow.

thanks for reading.

Here is a video of the issue I am having.