IsHeadMountedDisplayEnabled always true in packaging build when Oculus is enabled

When I do a packaged build (tested on both shipping and development) the node IsHeadMountedDisplayEnabled ALWAYS returns true if the Oculus runtime is running in the computer (even if no console command to activate it as “Stereo On” has been activated). However, if I Force Quit with the task manager all Oculus Processes, it starts behaving normally again.

I think that the Oculus runtime and ue4 are having some kind of conflict…

Regards,

Carlos.

Hello ,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints/settings that may be involved in this issue?

Hello ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

Thanks,

Steps:

1- New blank project

2- Set level blueprint like this

3- Compile

4- If Oculus runtime are running in the background, the node returns TRUE, even with no VR active.

Hello ,

After running a few tests I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I unplugged my Oculus and follow the instructions above. Have you made any other changes to your project that may affect the outcome?