isFalling returns false if there's floor beneath the character

I’m trying to set up some logic for when the character is falling and on landing.

IsFalling always returns false when there’s a walkable obstacle beneath the character - even if the character isn’t touching it (i.e. when it’s falling towards it).

It does return true when there’s nothing beneath the character, however.

I’ve attached two screenshots: one with the character falling through a gap that lands on a platform and another one where there’s no platform. I’m printing the current movement mode on tick, so you can see the difference.

I looked through the settings of the CharacterMovementComponent but found nothing that seemed relevant. How do I make sure isFalling returns true in both situations? I want to detect character falling even when there’s something to land on.

For anyone having the same issue, it is solved by using Is Moving On Ground function instead.

Alternatively, you can try to restart the editor and your computer. After doing that, Is Falling now seems to be working as expected - must have been a glitch.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.